The Mathiesen Community Centre has several rooms that are available for hire by community groups, leisure groups and for family parties and weddings.
There are a variety of rooms that are available at various times for one off or regular bookings.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
1) All bookings can only be made through the booking team on (01908) 315647 No messages left on the answer phone can be taken as confirmed bookings, unless verified by our staff.
2) The Mathiesen Centre Trust has the right, from time to time, upon consultation with the HIRER, to use the premises for its own priority use in place of sessions previously laid down in the Hiring Agreement with the HIRER. Groups who book on an ongoing booking basis will be entitled to 1 month notice of suspension.
3) All applications for the hire of any part of the premises shall be on the enclosed/attached form and be returned, with deposit (if applicable) at least two weeks before the event. The person hiring the premises and signing the form must be over the age of 21 years and will be considered to be the HIRER and must ensure their presence throughout the event.
4) The Mathiesen Centre Trust reserve the right to retain the full fee in respect of cancellations by the HIRER during the two week period prior to the booking.
5) The Mathiesen Centre Trust has the right to cancel any contract of hiring at any time, at its discretion.
6) The Mathiesen Centre Trust reserves the right to cancel the booking if the hirer breaks any of the terms and conditions.
USE OF PREMISES
7) No copyright dramatics or musical work shall be performed or sung without the licence of the owner of the copyright and all such licences shall be produced by the HIRER to the Mathiesen Centre Trust at the time of the paying for the hire. The HIRER shall indemnify the Centre for any infringement of copyright, which may occur during the hiring.
8) The hire of the premises does not entitle the HIRER to use or enter the premises at any time other than the specific hours for which the premises is hired, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Centre Management.
9) The HIRER shall not sub-hire or share the premises or any part thereof and or pass the door access pin code to any other party.
10) The HIRER shall not in any circumstances permit to be held any lottery unless this is permitted under the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act, nor use the premises for the purpose of unlawful gaming.
11) The HIRER is entitled to 15 minutes either side of their booking for set up and pack away. If you require any additional time you must include this in your booking application. If the HIRER is in the building after this time, the Mathiesen Centre Trust has the right to charge for additional hire. The HIRER shall be responsible for vacating the premises at the time shown on the application form and also ensure that the premises are left secure and in a clean and orderly state.
12) The Mathiesen Trust shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property arising out of the hiring nor any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or be done or happen to any person or persons resorting to the premises during the hiring arising from any cause whatsoever or the loss due to the breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or Act of God which may cause the premises to be temporally closed or the hiring interrupted or cancelled and the HIRER shall indemnify the centre against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person resorting to the premises during the hiring firing in respect of any loss, damage or injury.
13) The Right of Entry to the premises is reserved to the Staff and Mathiesen Centre Trust of the premises and any police officer or other person authorised by the Management at any time during the hiring.
14) The HIRER shall be responsible that good order is kept in the premises during the hiring and the staff and the Mathiesen Centre Trust may, if it thinks fit, charge the HIRER for any extra expenses it may incur for engaging police officers or others to preserve order prior to, during or after any entertainment or meeting in the premises.
15) The Staff and the Management of the Mathiesen Community Centre reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly conducted.
16) No bolts, nails, tacks, bits, pins or other like objects shall be driven into any part of the property nor shall any placards or other articles be fixed thereto without prior consent of the Staff and Management Committee.
17) The HIRER shall remove any flag, emblem or other decoration displayed inside or outside the premises if in the opinion of the Mathiesen Centre Trust it shall be unseemly or exposed the premises to any undue fire risk or in the opinion of the Mathiesen Centre Trust or its agents, is likely to lead to a disturbance or breach of the peace.
18) The Mathiesen Centre Trust accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after hiring. In the case of Bazaars, Jumble Sales, Car Boot sales or other events where property is brought into the premises for sale all property remaining unsold at the termination of the hiring will be considered to be the property of the HIRER for the purpose of this condition.
19) The HIRER shall be responsible for the vacation of the premises at the agreed time, that the property is left in a clean and tidy state, all rubbish is put in the outside refuse bin and that all doors and windows are secured and any keys returned (if applicable). The Mathiesen Centre Trust reserve the right to make additional charges for cleaning if the premises hasn’t been left in good order.
20) The HIRER shall not advertise any event, which they are promoting in the premises without the consent of the Management and the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
21) The hirer agrees to respect the rights, peace and civility of other users.
22) At no time shall any person give displays of Hypnotism within the premises.
23) The premises will not be used by any political group unless staging an open meeting during the build up to a general election.
HEALTH & SAFETY
24) No Smoking or Vaping is permitted anywhere within the Centre, or the Centres grounds.
25) No drinks or food will be consumed in the sports hall.
26) No high heels shall be worn in the sports hall.
27) The HIRER shall ensure that no intoxicating liquor will be consumed on the premises or brought thereto unless a Justice Licence is obtained.
28) The Mathiesen Centre promotes healthy eating and healthier lifestyles. Please be respectful of this when thinking about drinks and snacks during your session/activities.
29) The HIRER will be responsible to ensure that no exits are blocked, no chairs or obstructions are placed in corridors and that no fire appliances are removed or tampered with.
30) No additional lighting or extension from the existing electric light fittings shall be used without the previous consent of the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
31) The HIRER shall be responsible for ensuring that the following limits which are set down by the local authority are adhered to: i) Dancing and discos with tables and chairs in the social area – 50 participants ii) Dancing and discos without furniture in the social area – 60 participants.
32) The HIRER is responsible for the setting out and putting away, in a manner that minimises risk of injury to persons using any tables and chairs or other equipment provided by the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
33) Fire exits and alarm prints are located at:
(1) Social Area (2) Far ends of the sports hall (3) From Social area towards Sports Hall left side past disabled toilet (4) From Social area towards Sports Hall right side
34) All HIRERS should make themselves familiar with the Health & Safety instruction board that is displayed next to the information board in the Social area.
35) PLEASE NOTE there is no public telephone in the Centre. The nearest telephone is by the local shops in Bradville.
USE OF KITCHEN
36) The kitchen is a communal area and can be used for the preparation of drinks and food. It cannot be booked separately or exclusively.
37) Any HIRER preparing food for sale must have a current certificate in Food Safety and provide a copy for the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
38) Instructions for the use of the appliances are located in the drawer and shall not be removed from the kitchen.
39) No food shall be left in the fridge/freezer without permission for the Mathiesen Centre Trust. As such, any items left in the fridge will be disposed of each Friday.
40) STRICTLY NO DEEP FAT FRYING.
41) NO EQUIPMENT SHALL BE REMOVED FROM THE KITCHEN.
42) Secure storage space is available for hire and will be allocated by the Mathiesen Centre Trust and the HIRER WILL NOT ENCROACH ON ANY OTHER SPACE. If this occurs items will be removed.
43) Children shall not be permitted in the kitchen without adult supervision.
44) The green bin shall be used for recycling
45) The HIRER shall take good care of and shall not cause any damage or suffer any damage to be done to the premises or any part or parts thereof or to any fittings, equipment or other property therein during the period of the hiring and while persons are entering or leaving the premises pursuant to the hire and shall insure with a reputable Insurance Office approved by the Mathiesen Centre Trust against such sums as
the HIRER may become legally liable, to pay as compensation arising out of accidental bodily injury or illness (fatal or otherwise) to any person and or accidental damage caused to property or the premises by any Act or neglect of himself, his servants, agents or any person resorting to the premises by reason of the use of the premises by the HIRER and unless specifically agreed by the Mathiesen Centre Trust the insurance shall provide a limit of indemnity of not less the £1,000,000 in respect of any one accident and shall be extended to include liability for the premises including legal liability for fire and explosion risks for matters arising from the hire of premises and the HIRER shall produce the said policy of insurance and receipt for the current premium or premiums upon request by the Mathiesen Centre Trust so to do within seven days of a request in this behalf PROVIDED that this clause shall not extend to :-
46) An injury caused by the defective condition of the premises or the equipment due solely to the negligence of the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
47) An injury or loss caused by the direct negligence of the Mathiesen Centre Trust or its officers or servants who are employed by and acting directly on behalf of the Mathiesen Centre Trust.
48) The conditions of hire are not intended to absolve the Mathiesen Centre Trust from their liabilities as “authorised letters” of the premises. Users of the premises have a general duty to take all reasonable care and are reminded that, in some instances they could be held legally liable to pay compensation for loss or damage to property or injury to persons, and it is for the reason you are required to affect suitable insurance cover. (No insurance cover of the Mathiesen Centre Trust covers your risks).
49) Many Users/Hirers will already have public liability insurance cover for their usual activities but it is strongly recommended that the Insurance Company should be advised in writing of the wording of the Centres conditions and confirmation obtained from such insurers that the policy is fully operative in respect of the Centres premises.
50) Where any User/HIRER is a member of, or affiliated to a National Group or Organisation then enquires should be made to ascertain whether any insurance cover is available for the benefit of the User/HIRER through that National group or Organisation.
51) If applicable HIRERS working with children and young people, without parent’s present, must ensure they are REGISTERED under the Milton Keynes Council’s Community Group Registration Scheme. The registration number should be submitted to the Management Committee on a yearly basis. It is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure that Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificates are current.
52) This GDPR statement sets out how Mathiesen Centre Trust uses and protects any information that you give Mathiesen Centre Trust when you use our services. Mathiesen Centre Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this statement. Mathiesen Centre Trust may change this statement from time to time by updating this document. You should check this document from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This statement is effective from 02/04/18.
What we collect
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Mathiesen Centre Trust, Mathiesen Road, Bradville, Milton Keynes, MK13 7AG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.